GST Registration in India
GST Registration in India
As GST is already introduced in the Indian tax regime, it’s high time for GST registrations. While many businesses have enrolled/migrated to GST, many are yet to register. The window for enrolment and new registrations is re-opened by the government. If you are yet to register, ebizfiling.com offers quick registration for Goods and Services Tax.
Every business carrying out a taxable supply of goods or services under GST regime and whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakh (or Rs. 10 Lakh as applicable in North Eastern states) will be required to register as a normal taxable person. This process of registration is referred to as GST registration.
This post is our sincere attempt to provide knowledge regarding GST procedures to the normal taxpayers. The registration is a must for all businesses involved in buying or selling of goods. Also the same applies to the service providers in India.
Why is GST Registration important?
GST registration is important as it will give you the benefit of availing seamless input tax credit. Multiple taxes are being clubbed under GST and thus the cascading effects of taxes that are prevailing currently will no longer be the case.
Also, timely registration will help you avoid any kind of interface with tax authorities.
Who Needs GST Registration
All the existing taxpayers who are holding any of the below mentioned registrations, compulsorily require GST registration.
- Central Excise
- Service Tax
- Entry Tax
- Value Added Tax
- Entertainment Tax
- Luxury Tax
If you are an export firm or deal with non-taxable products, you still need registration. Even in case of inter – state supply of goods or services, you need GST enrolment notwithstanding your turnover. Get in touch with us to get professional advice for Goods and Service Tax.
How to Register for GST Online
Goods and Service Tax registration is entirely paperless and online procedure. The government has launched a dedicated portal for enrolment.
- Access the website gst.gov.in for online registrations.
- After creating the login credentials, you can enrol for the GST.
- The online process will require your valid PAN number and mobile number.
- Also, provide your email address for future communication.
- Use the OTP and proceed with the submission of online form.
- Provide the supporting documents in scanned form.
- You can upload them at the time of GST registration process.
Documents Required For GST Application
An application for GST enrolment requires a prescribed set of documents. Certain information is also necessary along with the documents. Here in this post, we are sharing the same for your ready reference.
Documents for Goods and Services Tax Application
- Photos of all Partners/Directors
- Identity Proof of Proprietor/Director/Partner (PAN, Aadhar Card, Voter ID)
- Proof of Constitution of Business (SSI/MSME Registration, Shop establishment Certificate, Partnership deed, Certificate of Incorporation)
- Proof of Principle place of business (MOA and AOA, Electricity Bill, Rent / Lease agreement, Latest Bank Statement)
- Latest Bank Statement
- Aadhar card of Proprietor/Partner
- Letter of Authority/Board Resolution (Format will be provided by us)
GST application will also require your bank account number and IFSC documents. All the documents should be scanned and uploaded with the application.
Track GST Registration Status | ARN Status Online
After completion of the registration process, applicant receives an Application Reference Number (ARN). Get all GST related services from ebizfiling.com at pleasing prices. The GST Portal for Goods and Services Tax offers the facility of tracking your GST application status. Applicants just need to type their ARN or application reference number to know the current position of their GST application.
Keep visiting us for more information on GST rules, forms, returns and other procedures. We are providing assistance to the business entities, start-ups and sole proprietors for hassle-free tax registrations.