Migration to GST
The government will be rolling out GST from 1st of July 2017 and hence it is now high time to do GST migration. Excise and service tax assesses need to be migrated to the new Goods and Service Tax. The process is thought to be completed by 31st of March 2017. Hence we provide the complete GST migration procedure as a guideline for the registrants.
Check out the elaborated step-by-step procedure of GST migration. The procedure shared here gives an idea of all the formalities required. Migrating to GST involves online procedure as well manual. The online facilities are carried out at the online portal of Goods and Services Tax.
GST Migration – Stepwise Procedure :
The taxpayers who are already registered with central excise and service tax should first login to official site of CBEC.
A facility to give provisional login id and password to access GST portal is available.Provisional id is also given by the state VAT authorities. The assesses will be using the provisional login credentials to logon the GST portal www.gst.gov.in. They need to fill form 20 along with necessary supporting documents.
However, provisional login id and password will be not be provided if the PAN is not associated with their registration. Here are the steps to follow for the GST migration.
- First of all, logon to the ACES portal using your existing credentials.
- Taxpayers can also use the existing password and id provided by the state VAT authorities.
- Follow the option to get provisional login credential. You will also find the option of “Migration to GST” at the top menu bar.
- A new page will appear. Follow the link for “GST Migration Credentials”.
- Preserve the provisional login credentials.
- Once you obtain the provisional password and id, login at the portal gst.gov.in.
- Fillup the form 20 and complete the process of registration or GST enrolment.
While you submit the registration form, you also need to upload the supporting documents. If you have any issue and query with Migration to GST, get help by calling CBEC helpdesk toll-free number on 1800-1200-232. You may also write them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and Documents Required for GST Enrollment
While registering for GST, following information should be readily available with you.
- Provisional id received from state or central commercial tax authorities.
- Valid email address and mobile number.
- Bank account number with bank IFSC document.
- Proof of your business like certificate of incorporation in the case of company.
- Photograph of the owner.
- Proof of appointment of the authorized signatories.
- Copy of the bank passbook or bank statement. It should show your bank account number, address of the branch and few transactions.
The enrolment for the GST is common for the state and the central goods and service tax. If you have not received your provisional id and password, contact your state or central jurisdictional tax authorities. Also, make sure that you submit your valid email address and mobile number while migration to GST as it will be used for the communication purpose.
ebizfiling offers GST Registration Services India, Goods and Service Tax Registration, GST Registration Process, GST Returns Services.
For More Detail, Inquire us